Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quiet

Isn’t it hard for us to stop our busy lives for a while to just sit in silence and be still? We live in a world where it is always go go go, constantly being busy, when you’re done with one task it’s on to the next one. a lot of us seem to have that lifestyle, if were not always on the go, we start to feel uncomfortable. I know for myself that I feel the need to always get out, go do this go do that, I always think, “oh I wish I was here right now doing this.” when i get to the place I’m so anxious to get to, I get anxious to go to the next place, I never want to be home. Just recently I started reading the bible again and I remember when I attended Julian Youth Academy, every single morning we would go into the dining room and we would open our bibles to a psalm one day and then proverbs the next day and we would switch back and fourth everyday. I remember we would never have music on during our reading time, and no one was allowed to talk. Right now im trying to start doing that again, every morning I made a goal for myself to sit in silence for 10 minutes a day and I read 1 psalm, It starts my day on a positive note, and gives me a little bit of peace throughout my day, when I struggle with something, I think back to the Psalm I read that morning and it comforts me. We all need a little bit of silence every day to ourselves and God, it keeps us sane. Our God is a God of peace so when you feel weary or tired, take some time out of your crazy hectic day and sit, be still and listen to the Lord


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened , and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls.

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light”- Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment