Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tears

( cries, cried) [ intrans. ]

shed tears, esp. as an expression of distress or pain

At least at one point in our lives, we all cry, wether it be out of joy, sadness, frustration, or anger, we all do it. The past couple of weeks for me have been very difficult, which resulted in me shedding countless tears, from family issues ending with me moving out at 17, to having my heart broken completely by a man who i was convinced of being in love with. I don’t want to get too personal here, not just yet, the wounds are still fresh and relationships are still in the process of being healed. Last saturday, (May 21) was the last time I thought I would let myself cry over my heartbreak, over the bridges I burned with my family, over the lost relationship I had with God, and with being overwhelmed being in the position I’m in at my life right now, I was wrong, today I went searching for jobs out in sun city, I felt fine, confident, telling myself that i feel comfortable with where i am and that everything will be fine with me living in sun city, towards the end of my day, i would let my mind deeply dwell on the past, what my future looks like, how i’m going to make it in the world on my own, the first person that came to mind was my mom, at that point, I completely lost it in the car with my grandma. Burying my head between my knees i sobbed, I felt weak. Why couldn’t I just keep going without crying? I thought to myself, I thought I was doing so well, i was getting stronger and more confident. Sometimes, we all just need a good cry or two over things were still hurting over, its good for us, but dont make it a habit, because if we let ourselves drown in our own pity, we will go nowhere in life. I find that when I cry, I like to picture God sitting right next to me through all of the chaos, it seems kind of creepy of me, but every time it gives me comfort. Find something when youre going through a difficult time that gives you comfort and cling to it, wether it be journaling, prayer, cooking, etc.. I remember hearing a while back when i was attending my girls boarding school a staff would say, “this came to pass” the school i went to was a very difficult place, and it took alot of hard work to get out of there but exactly what mrs. richardson said, “it came to pass” is so comforting to me. if youre suffering, its not going to last forever, it might sting for a while but it goes away eventually. So if youre going through something tough right now, KEEP BUSY! it always takes your mind off of our struggles. I personally have been trying to keep as busy as possible, praying, and reading a psalm out of the bible everyday, i still know that there still will be days when i feel weak and i will dwell on my heartbreak and i will cry, but i will continue to grow from these hard experiences. Things may be tough right now, but everything has its own season, never forget that.


“I am worn out from groaning;

all night long i flood my bed with weeping

and drench my couch with tears.

My eyes grow weak with sorrow;

they fail because of all my foes.

away from me all you who do evil,

for the Lord has heard my weeping.

The Lord has heard my cry for mercy;

the Lord accepts my prayer.

All of my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;

They will turn back in sudden disgrace”-Psalm 6:6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment