Friday, May 28, 2010

royalty

Remember when you were younger, playing dress up was one of your favorite things? I know that when I was younger playing dress up, compared to then and now, dress up was as good as having a spa day to yourself. I remember when I was young, dressing up as a princess was always my favorite thing, because I loved the way i felt when i wore my princess dress at grandmas, I felt like royalty. Don’t we want to feel like royalty all the time even now in our lives? A lot of us women seem to look to magazines and media and find our self worth in those magazines, we look at the beautiful movie stars and think, “If only i looked like her..” “If only I had her body...” “If i had everything that they have, my life would be perfect..” Throughout my life I would look into the media and think those things exactly, I’m not exactly what you would want to call “thin” and throughout school i was always made fun of for my weight and i would come home almost everyday after school, sit on my bed and just cry for hours, because i wanted to fit in so badly with the “popular” kids so i struggled for a long time with bulimia, changing my image, everyday I just remember looking in the mirror and thinking, “I guess this is just as good as it’s going to get” trying to find ways to “perfect” myself because everything i had was never enough. There are points in our lives where we think that royalty is only found in the way we look, how we are treated by others, how much money we have, our material things. When in the end it is really all about how we view ourselves, we need to choose to love ourselves because no matter how much we have, it will never be enough. we need to find our self worth in our savior, The God who created the universe, the oceans, the mountains, he is the only one who will give us our self worth. That most certainly does not mean after we accept our savior and let him show us how beautiful we really are, that we wont still look in the mirror sometimes and think that we dont look so beautiful, thats normal, but keep your guard up because the enemy is always looking for sneaky ways to degrade you, don’t listen to that small voice telling you “ you’re ugly, if God really loved you, why did he make you so unattractive.” this is not true. it says in the bible “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” -Psalm 139:14. Read that and live it! You were FEARFULLY (respectfully) and WONDERFULLY made!


“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” -Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment